If you’ve wanted to learn how to make fried chicken, this is the recipe for you. Always a picnic favorite, this deep fried chicken recipe is delicious either hot or cold.
This is by far the absolute BEST recipe for fried chicken I have ever made, and eaten! If you follow the recipe, the breading is definitely KFC comparable.
- 1 kg chicken- cut into 8 pieces
- Oil to deep fry.
- Mix together for marinade –
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp gram flour
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 5 cloves – roasted and powdered
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 4-5 peppercorns – roasted and powdered
- 2 black cardamoms – powdered
- 2 tsp cumin seeds – powdered
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
- Lemon twists and coriander to garnish
Prick the chicken in 2-3 places, marinate in the mixture and keep for 3-4 hrs.
2Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and put the chicken pieces into it.
3Deep-fry over a medium flame, till the chicken is tender.
4Takes 15-20 minutes.
5Serve garnished with lemon twists and coriander leaves.